Although breast enlargement is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the country, ironically breast reduction is not that far behind. Between 100,000-150,000 women every year have breast reduction surgery. There are many reasons why women seek breast reduction surgery, including:
- Disproportionate appearance
- Breasts are unattractive because too long, wide, or have stretch marks
- Back pain, neck pain, grooves in the shoulder from bra straps
- Breasts interfere with exercise or prevent you from engaging in athletic activities
- Self-consciousness about breast
If you have any of these problems, breast reduction can help you. Breast reduction is not considered a solely cosmetic operation, and in many cases may be covered by your medical insurance.
However, sometimes your breasts may be sagging and unattractive not due to their size, but due to the effects of gravity and a loss of skin tone. In this case, a reduction may not be necessary—you may get good results from a breast lift instead.
Dr. Lefkovits can help you determine what would be the best course of action. Based on your concerns and your goals and on an evaluation of your physical condition, Dr. Lefkovits can recommend a treatment that can get you looking and feeling your best. Contact Park Plaza Plastic Surgery for an initial consultation.